“The mission of the Miami Arts & Humanities Council is to promote, encourage, coordinate and support high-quality programs in the arts and humanities for the benefit of the community.”
The Miami Arts and Humanities Council undertakes a number of initiatives each year, with the goal of providing a variety of cultural and artistic opportunities for the community. Below are some of our major initiatives. In addition, the council members participate in many community events that help foster interest and awareness of the arts.
- Mural Fest 66 – This weekend festival includes professional artists and musicians, food trucks, a pop-up art gallery with works by local artists and muralists, and activities for children
- Art for Fun – Summer Art Camp for grades 3 – 5
- Musical and Theatre – Shows, concerts and educational events
- Annual Nancy Gee Chairs the Arts – An educational event for children
- Oklahoma Arts Council – Representation at the annual Oklahoma Arts Council
- Workshops – Hands-on learning opportunities for the community
- Awards – Music and Art scholarships, Charles Banks Wilson Arts awards for NEO students and Willie Osborn awards. The faculty and staff of NEO selects a worthy recipient.
Annual Patron’s Dinner
A main event is the gala patron’s dinner held each year. This is the only fundraiser we currently hold. All Council members have the chance to mingle, enjoy a wonderful meal and participate in the art auction.
Proceeds from the patron’s dinner and art auction make it possible for us to provide small grants to local arts organizations, provide scholarships to arts students, provide support to Miami Little Theater, and more.
2018 Board Members
President: Marcia Johnson
Vice-President: Leslie Swan
Secretary: Jessica Stout
Treasurer: Teresa Karleskint
Lee Dell Mustain
Mary Susan Whaley